9 replies to this topic

#1 nana2camren

nana2camren

Founding Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:09 AM

I've been a member almost 3 years ... seems like things have been getting a little iffy in about the past year.

Last payout request a few months back at almost 60 days I inquired about my request and was informed by site helper that Dawn always pays within terms so I would be paid soon.  Was 99.9% certain terms were 30 days and I'd always before been paid within 30 days (usually much sooner) so puzzled I checked terms and yep said 60 days .... hmmm, was I just confused, or did I forget an admin, or were terms changed without notice?

Until my upgrade expired this past Dec I'd always continued upgrading every 6 months but when I renewed my upgrade last June (the one that expired Dec) it took a long to be processed and I lost out on PTP earnings from ads I had out. So in Dec I let it expire with no intention of renewing due to the previous delay and the above payout terms iffiness, plus I seldomly used the ads that come with the upgrade anyway.

A week ago I was going to cashout again but noticed I didn't have a cashout button.  Thought hmmm as last I remember cashout min was .25 cents and I had a bit over $2, in past had always let my balance build to $5-7 but now with 60 days decided I better get my request in.  Don't recall an admin about change in cashout min but it is now apparently $3 for free and $1 for upgraded.  Again, did I forget an admin or were changes made without notice?

Anyway decided to redeem for upgrade so could use PTP to reach payout min faster.  A week later and my account is still not upgraded. 

There also used to be a link to the forum but that's gone now and no admin about that either.

I wonder if this is another program that's going to go down the tubes.

Update 4/18/14:  Has now been over a month since I redeemed for upgrade and account still not upgraded. 9 days since I finally sent a support ticket on subject and still nothing.

I wonder how many other members are waiting for an upgrade or ad to be processed.  A site that only allows upgraded members to use the PTP really should be more on top of support.

Edited by nana2camren, 19 April 2014 - 12:43 AM.

#2 Belle

Belle

I'm gettin' there, I really am!

• Founding Member
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:45 PM

This is just a personal opinion from my experience with RainingCash.

I also want to add that many PO's ( and members ) have personal problems (illness etc) but with site owners right or wrong.....because these are small sites generally run by one owner it does affect support issues of any kind.(payments,ads,support replies )

I'm not sure how much I should be discussing of Dawns personal issues but I will post what I know from public admins or postings.

Dawn's daughter Rayne is very ill and has gone through many surgeries over several years. ( since birth ).Each surgery has caused a lapse in support but she has always gotten back on track.

In the last year Dawn herself has been ill and of course that only added to the delays.

I believe Dawn did send out an admin quite a long time ago about the change in the minimum because of PayPal fees - which is why the minimum increased from 25 cents to $3 for free members.

I was unaware the terms had gone to 60 days but payments seem to be moving.

http://www.rainingca...es/beenpaid.php

I agree that support is slow and sporadic which can be very frustrating especially with advertising but due to circumstances I try to use RainingCash for ads that will have the same benefit no matter if it is set up this week or two weeks from now.

I agree upgrades and affiliate pages are a tougher issue and there I have tried to get my intent to extend in as far ahead as possible before it actually expires.

No matter what issues may come up the most important thing to me is this is an honest PO who genuinely "cares".

l have always found Dawn Triche to be honest, helpful and kind.  l don't believe the programme will go down the tubes until her breathing stops.

My opinion - for what it's worth.

bask_1.png

#3 Susy

Susy

I brake for furpeoples

• Owner/Admin
  • 1,105 posts
  • LocationA purple planet with chocolate truffle rivers

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:05 PM

This is the unfortunate thing about this type of "biz".  We have to hope that our po's will devise a good back up plan for vacations, sickness, etc.  And sadly it doesn't always work out that way. 

I guess with the demise of CD and HPM, I'm still bugged, but I just don't really believe in the po's the same any longer.  I want to.  Just don't.  :sad:

I do think that anyone working on something that brings cash in should work out detailed plans for "what if's".  And implement them.  And stick to them.

I hate to see decent sites go awry.  Hopefully, things will get on track.

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~Edward Everett Hale~
Give someone a hug, a smile, a thank you, or a helping hand. It might just make a difference.

**Got a friend? Bring them in. Everyone is welcome. We're more than just an Arcade!**

Invision Power Services

#4 Belle

Belle

• Founding Member
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:25 PM

Nana;

A little birdie just told me that my post may have sounded like I was upset with you and nothing could be further from the truth.

I have read your posts for a long time and have never known you to post anything simply to bash anyone. Your post was factual and the type of information we need.... I agreed but I also wanted to share some of the reason.

bask_1.png

#5 nana2camren

nana2camren

Founding Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:56 AM

No problem Belle, though from admin messages I was aware of the illnesses.  I've just been getting a gut feeling, it's nice to hear from another member who isn't getting that same gut feeling.  I sympathize with her personal issues and truly believe in taking care of self and family first, but it does seem that with ongoing personal issues a PO who cares about her site and members would arrange reliable help to provide support.

Susy, I too hope things get back on track.  It is hard to be optimistic after experiencing long time PO's just disappearing.  And then there's Vale where father's illness caused delays, things would improve then fall again till, for all intents and purposes, she disappeared too though the site is still up.

#6 Susy

Susy

I brake for furpeoples

• Owner/Admin
  • 1,105 posts
  • LocationA purple planet with chocolate truffle rivers

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:08 AM

I think this is good.  Having a pro's/con's discussion.  I think for the most part us old timers have given up the ghost, but really...whether it's PTR or PTC or GPT, the issues are the same.  And jaded as I am, I still care about what happens to both the owners and the members.  Both having endured much over the years.

1.  What is your idea of a good program owner

2.  What are your concerns as to how the site(s) run/are being run/aren't being run

3.  How can we get the nitty gritty out to newbies, without the fusses

4.  Do we still care

5.  What can we do at this stage to help

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~Edward Everett Hale~
Give someone a hug, a smile, a thank you, or a helping hand. It might just make a difference.

**Got a friend? Bring them in. Everyone is welcome. We're more than just an Arcade!**

Invision Power Services

#7 nana2camren

nana2camren

Founding Member

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:14 AM

Good points to consider/discuss Susy.  Will have to give it more thought when my mind isn't distracted, but can add my 2 cents to #1.

Heather (St.Cash, Dream. Old Am, My-Ptr) is a really good example of a good owner because besides paying timely she consistently provides other support rather quickly, communicates when there are site problems, and gives heads-up if her offline life is going to cause delays (I don't recall those delays ever being more than a few days).

#8 Belle

Belle

• Founding Member
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:32 PM

I agree 100% that PO's "should" have a back up plan, They SHOULD have back up money and they SHOULD have back up support but after being in this since the mid 90's I have learned that due to the entire situation this is difficult to do. Certainly not impossible but very hard.

The sites already running have been started on a shoe string. The PO's for the most part want to make a few dollars.(no surprise there) but the profit margin in this "industry" is very minimal so the first personal problems tend to sink the ship.Those with heart and honor will fight to make things right. Those who started their "business" as a hobby or to get rich will fall to the side (taking our money with them )

Of course this is NOT the right way to open ( or close ) a business but it is what we have. Like it or not  "life" happens.

Years ago I came into PTR kicking and screaming. I truly believed they just SHOULD have all those things every business needs including the above mentioned backup.

After several years of demanding I finally slowed down and realized we were not dealing with the regular type of businesses....we were dealing with a lot of single parents, people on disability and generally low income families so we have come to expect less and we sure as hell are getting what we expected.

Do we need to continue to "accept"? I would like to say "Hell no" but I'm just not really sure anymore.Maybe I have gotten soft in my old age but I hear myself say "It is what it is" a lot.

For me the most disgusting are the "PO's" who take on debt ridden sites and then either simply steal member earnings or promise to pay "providing you make more per month than they pay.

Obviously this means you will never get your original earnings.

I guess as in anything...there is good and bad.

I was speaking to one of the best PO's I have ever met and I mentioned how nice it was to deal with someone who consistently (over many years) has run his site fairly,honestly and as a business.He answers support quickly, he pays on time and he is fair. 

I said this had become almost a rarity as many PO's take weeks to reply or send ads and payments are done on the " when I can- if I can" method.

His response was simple..."Why do you accept it".   Sounds easy doesnt it?

The problem is many of us have already paid for upgrades and affiliate pages, have ads running etc. etc so we try to hang on. I think we have come to recognize that many of the site owners are low income but I wonder how many of them give a damn about the many members in the same situation.

Well..its 5:30 am and I'm on my first coffee so will finish this later...

Edited by Belle, 24 March 2014 - 12:35 PM.

bask_1.png

#9 Belle

Belle

• Founding Member
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:55 PM

Nana. I agree that Heather is a breath of fresh air and has always maintained her sites in the same way.

IMO one of the main problems in recent years has been the lack of information. Years ago PO's knew if they

were not fair it would at least become public.

It wasnt much but at least it was "something". Nowadays we just complain to a couple friends and move on.

I have tried in recent years to get people talking and sharing information but I think many of us have

become so jaded we either get out altogether or if we stay we tend to spend a lot of time  mumbling "it is what it is". :arg2:

Maybe its time to share not just the complaints but a few ideas/solutions and most of all....share whatever information you have.

I honestly believe not talking about what is going on has given the sleazy owners a perfect cover and deprived the good ones of

some well earned praise.

There are a lot of bad owners but there is also many good ones.

It would be nice to know about BOTH.

bask_1.png

#10 dave2319

dave2319

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:39 PM

Dawn's a very good friend of mine and you're right, Belle, she's an honest, kind and caring PO who has a lot of things to deal with offline, which means the level of support can fluctuate depending on how much time she has. She's sometimes able to get a helper to assist with the site, but unfortunately it's not always possible.

Regarding the admin messages, Nana, I think it would be nice if there was an index of previous messages sent, so I'll ask her if it's an option to add. I think they're also set to expire after a week or two (or maybe sometimes the setting isn't changed so it stays there till you've read it, or something) so that might explain why you don't recall them.

Also, I hope you've been paid now. I don't see you on the list with this username, but as Belle was saying, she's pretty much caught up on payouts :smile:

Anyway, there's no need to worry about RCE. Things can vary with it depending on her circumstances, but Dawn's one of the most honest site owners around.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Global Friends Online