5 replies to this topic

#1 Ali

Ali

Founding Member

• Founding Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:50 PM

For nostalgia's sake I clicked on my CD bookmark, and today it loaded a site called DollarPTR. It even had my username and password pre-filled in from my cookies, though it wouldn't actually log me into the site.

:confused:

Posted Image

Global Friends Online

#2 dave2319

dave2319

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:13 PM

Interesting, Ali. It loads that site here as well, but there's no info already entered on the login page for me and I haven't tried signing in.

Obviously I'm very keen to join though, because I see we get a $500 signup bonus and all emails are worth $100! I'm thinking with the PTCs at $50 each as well this looks like a fantastic way to get rich quick :raz3:

I see they've already paid out more than 487 million dollars, so clearly money's no object :smile5:

#3 Susy

Susy

I brake for furpeoples

• Owner/Admin
  • 1,105 posts
  • LocationA purple planet with chocolate truffle rivers

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:06 PM

This is why I keep hounding people about clearing their cookies and logging out of sites.  Hacks just love that. 

I have contacted Cynthia at Lucidity Hosting about this latest redirect.  I knew something wasn't "right" the other day when I first noticed the site was "down", then I went back and got this redirect, also.  I have no clue if Cynthia will get back with me on this, or if she'll do anything at all.  However, I did remind her that CashDelight member infos could be compromised.

I've checked the WhoIs on DollarPtr.  http://whois.domaint...m/dollarptr.com  These dudes are hosted on getpaidsolutions which isn't a very good hosting company.  They take just about anyone, including cheats, spammers, and hackers.

All I can suggest at this point in time is if you are worried about your information, go ahead and write to Cynthia at LucidityHosting.com and express your concern over this latest event.  Maybe with enough people writing, something will be done to take down CashDelight all together so we can be safe.

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~Edward Everett Hale~
Give someone a hug, a smile, a thank you, or a helping hand. It might just make a difference.

**Got a friend? Bring them in. Everyone is welcome. We're more than just an Arcade!**

Invision Power Services

#4 Susy

Susy

I brake for furpeoples

• Owner/Admin
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:19 AM

I heard back from Cynthia.  The database had been expunged sometime back.  There were some leftover dns zones on her servers and she just took care of that, she says that could be the reason for the redirect.

She didn't offer any other information, and I didn't ask for any, considering host liability for private information. 

So, I guess that's the last of it.  :sad:

And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~Edward Everett Hale~
Give someone a hug, a smile, a thank you, or a helping hand. It might just make a difference.

**Got a friend? Bring them in. Everyone is welcome. We're more than just an Arcade!**

Invision Power Services

#5 Ali

Ali

Founding Member

• Founding Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:41 PM

Obviously I'm very keen to join though, because I see we get a $500 signup bonus and all emails are worth $100! I'm thinking with the PTCs at $50 each as well this looks like a fantastic way to get rich quick :raz3:

I see they've already paid out more than 487 million dollars, so clearly money's no object :smile5:

I haven't had a chance to look back since I posted. Funny, I never even looked at the stats, but obviously it is a site worth joining. :duh2:   For amusement, look at the results of a Google search for DollarPTR.

I see today that there is no longer any redirect. The cookie thing was rather odd - obviously it wasn't sufficiently valid to log in to an account, and my internet history and cache are cleaned every time I close my browser. I guess the cookie simply attached my CD username to the URL

I don't know exactly what this info means, but from another Google search, apparently DollarPTR and CD have the same IP address http://whatmyip.co/v...51/64.22.106.99

Posted Image

#6 Susy

Susy

I brake for furpeoples

• Owner/Admin
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 01:58 AM

It just means the sites are/were sitting on Lucidity servers. 

I cleaned off all data, etc. on the old AD server, there's just a shell of the site left (and will show the server it's on) until the domain goes down.  At that time, I'll be asking Paul to take the rest off our server.  I'm not entirely sure exactly what sort of footprints remain after that time.  I know for a fact that both AD's are the only sites on that particular server, as Paul "built" it to our specs.  However, I cannot go into Aileen's domain account and take the old AD off her domain account, or delete the domain myself.  But I can and will make sure there is no instance of AD1 except the old caches on the net.

I know that CD domain hasn't expired yet, the registration information is still sitting in Aileen's domain account.  So until the domain expires, it will still show Lucidity as the host and host servers.

That's pretty much the extent of my knowledge on this. 

Invision Power Services

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Global Friends Online