Photo
- - - - -

Where is everyone & what did you do today.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Belle

Belle

I'm gettin' there, I really am!

• Founding Member
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 04:26 PM

I remember when Susy was first opening this forum for "US" and how grateful I was that we wouldn't lose track of our "elders" ( Be they old folks like me or just long standing ptr-ers)

I am a Canadian but my roots are as a member of the S'Klallam Band in Sequim, Washington.  The Jamestown S'Klallam band is there for all its members but one of the main benefits is an emphasis on its elders.

They have many special benefits for elders as well as using the last generations to pass on their knowledge to the new  members. So much has been lost by our Native population. ( Their language and their customs would be totally gone if it were not for the knowledge and generosity of our elders )

They have not only passed on their language and cultures but also their incredible and deep love of the land.

I know there is a major difference between a native band and this forum but I also feel that Susys forum parallels the Jamestown S'Klallam Band in many ways.  It is a place we can gather to share our knowledge, we can warn newbies of the many pitfalls in ptr etc. and we can also share our stories. Who we are and what we do or have done.

We have recently lost several elders from our band and sadly with each passing we also lose a vast amount of knowledge which if it hasn't been shared or recorded will be lost forever.

I have been in ptr since the mid 90’s and so many people ( both good and bad) have crossed my path. Where are they today? What are they doing?

Yes, Belle is in a babble bubble and old ages tends to send me wandering but I still....remember. ( sometimes )

Where is everyone and what are y’all doing?
Who helped you?
Who would you like to hear about ?

Two major forums that contained the "history" of this small corner of the world have been lost and with them went not only a huge amount of information but also we lost a place to learn, to share and to remember. A place to just drop in and see what's up and who is around.

We have gfo and the emphasis there is on support forums and ptr information. That is important and many read and post there. Affiliates Delight is a different kettle of fish. It is meant as a place to laugh, to play and to  share but it is also a place to learn and to maintain contact.

Since this forum opened I have discovered the arcade which is a great place to relax BUT...it really doesn't bring the members together  and that was a large part of the purpose.When Susy was first discussing how to save AD I recall seeing SSink. I hadn't seen her around for ages and I remember feeling sad at the thought I may completely lose contact.

There are many others I haven't seen in awhile but who helped me through my newbie days. Of course we all remember ........Little Princess, Enchanted,Roadrunner,Deerladie, Lennon2004, Cubby, Frenchy, Tas and of course my girl -Blue Dahlia as well as Bob-rbnlovespoh,trulyfair and many more.

Also of course I will never forget my sparring partner ani4ani aka Wiley north ( and many aka’s I have long forgotten ). I would honestly love to hear from her and know she is OK. Where are you ani4ani.???

What about YOU...what are you doing? Who do you want to say hi to?

Lets remember before we lose the opportunity..

bask_1.png

#2 redsky

redsky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:45 PM

good post.

#3 Shadow

Shadow

Owner/Admin

• Owner/Admin
  • 457 posts
  • LocationFrom somewhere between here and now

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:16 PM

I'm Back!!!!!!

Hello all,

I'm finally back home, a little jet lagged after a long 30 hour plus journey from the other end of the globe but really really excited to visit our beautiful new forum and back with all ya wonderful people!

--------------------------------

You gotta do what you gotta do

#4 Belle

Belle

• Founding Member
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:21 AM

Welcome home Shadow... :arg3: :bd15: 

It sounds like you saw a lot of the world...

Maybe you can share some with us..

Glad you're back.

Belle

bask_1.png

#5 LilPrincess

LilPrincess

Watch out world, not giving up!

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:46 PM

I agree... I think your post was excellent Belle!  And you were able to write down a lot of what I've been thinking :thumbsup2:

I do miss a lot of people who have been lost on the way... but am thankful for everyone who has been there to help, give advice... or just been there for me :smile:   Including you Belle! :hug:

We could learn a lot from crayons: some are sharp, some are pretty, some have weird names,
and all are different COLORS.... but they all have to learn to live in the same box.

bask_2.pngchrissilver.gif

#6 Shaun

Shaun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:36 AM

Great post above Belle, I like a place to come to and share things that you wouldn't normally share, like if it was personal stuff that you didn't want to put on places like Facebook and such, because you didn't know what some of your friends or family would think. If you know what I mean.
Like at work today, some of the guys are trying to set me up with the office girl, and I already said that it probably wouldn't go down too well because she's the boss's daughter. She is a nice girl, and I do like her, but things like this need to take time considering I've only been there for two months.
If I could find you now, things would be better - Yellowcard - Ocean Avenue.

#7 Belle

Belle

• Founding Member
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:24 AM

Hi Shaun.

The boss's daughter aye?

Yep, I would take that slow and easy. :coffee4:

But if its important then just go slow and let the boss get to know you.

bask_1.png

#8 Shaun

Shaun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:07 AM

Thanks Belle, yes she's the boss's daughter, taking the time is a good idea yes. It seems that I could be lined up for helping run the business, by all the yard duties I've been doing and the guys talk about it everyday. I don't really know much about running a business and all that other stuff, I've been there 2 months and there's already talk flying around lol. Might just see where that lands me ae.

Although I'm not into match making, so it seems that from my point of view. One must do it himself and pick the right girl that makes him happy.
If I could find you now, things would be better - Yellowcard - Ocean Avenue.

#9 Sophieca

Sophieca

Choccie Minx

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:10 PM

Hi Belle,

I think I have read your post ten times since you posted it and each time I wanted to reply and didn't know how to, you say so much in one post that I didn't know how to start lol

First I took a lot of time googling and reading about S'Klallam Band, that was really interesting, I didn't even know you were part of it !

I am still here in Belgium, a native real choccie girl and life goes like for everyone with ups and downs. Having friends here at AD even if I don't post much these days counts a lot !

First person I think about and miss around here a lot is Fay !

chrisbrnz.gif

#10 Shadow

Shadow

Owner/Admin

• Owner/Admin
  • 457 posts
  • LocationFrom somewhere between here and now

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:27 PM

First person I think about and miss around here a lot is Fay !

Not just Fay, I miss 'The Puppy' too!

Many a pleasant holiday seasons have I spent, 'dressing up' the pup.    :smile2:

--------------------------------

You gotta do what you gotta do

#11 Susy

Susy

I brake for furpeoples

• Owner/Admin
  • 1,105 posts
  • LocationA purple planet with chocolate truffle rivers

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:02 PM

I've been missing Fay and her "mutt", too.  We all did have so much fun during Fay's Icanhazcheezeburger runs.  ROFL 

I've kept her puppy costumes, hoping Fay will pop up one day.

Bluedahlia has joined, but she hasn't peeped much, but maybe that will change.  :smile:

Am really looking forward to seeing more folks in the near future, new and old timers.  FB and Twitter and all those other socials are fine but I still think a forum is a great venue.

It's really sad to see so few left.

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~Edward Everett Hale~
Give someone a hug, a smile, a thank you, or a helping hand. It might just make a difference.

**Got a friend? Bring them in. Everyone is welcome. We're more than just an Arcade!**

Invision Power Services

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Global Friends Online