1 reply to this topic

#1 Susy

Susy

I brake for furpeoples

• Owner/Admin
  • 1,105 posts
  • LocationA purple planet with chocolate truffle rivers

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:54 PM

We've got the avatar gallery sizes/animations fixed...but ONLY so far.  For that, I am truly sorry but IPB in its infinite wisdom has changed up several things in the scripts and right now, Ken and I haven't figured out a fix to keep it on forum scripts.  The Avatar Gallery (or gallery) is an added "module" now and not part of the regular scripts any longer.  And apparently there are a LOT of forum owners/members who are quite upset about it.

That being said, there is a "fix" to show animated images from the gallery.  And here it is:

Go to Avatar Gallery, click on Avatars

Click on which category you want (example: animals)

Find the avatar you want, click on it

Right click on it, view large

Right click on it again, save image as (keep the name of the image and the .gif or .jpg extension) and save it on your desktop

Then go to:

My profile

Edit my profile

Under General Account Settings:  Photo - Change my photo

Use Custom Photo

Upload from file: Click browse and find the image you saved on your desktop (or where you saved it), click on that image, "open" and that image will show in the little box, then click "Done"

And basically, the second set of instructions are also for if you have a picture you want to use.  Not just what I have loaded.  I was trying to host these in one place so you wouldn't have to go looking elsewhere and go through all this, but right at this moment, it's not to be.  I'm sorry about that.

I have allowed a 300 kb upload limit (250x250) for both Founding Members and Regular Members for now. 

Founding members may upload 1 public album with 30 images to share.

Regular members may upload 1 public album with 25 images to share.

We just ask that you be aware I don't have the COPPA set up here and some of our members have children who visit the forum.  Cute pictures with shaking tushies are fine but nothing too suggestive, please. 

I have disallowed outside viewing of images so the general public won't be able to see any parts of the Gallery at all. 

We will keep looking to find a good solution to the avatar serving problem, so hopefully this won't be for long.

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~Edward Everett Hale~
Give someone a hug, a smile, a thank you, or a helping hand. It might just make a difference.

**Got a friend? Bring them in. Everyone is welcome. We're more than just an Arcade!**

Invision Power Services

#2 Susy

Susy

I brake for furpeoples

• Owner/Admin
  • 1,105 posts
  • LocationA purple planet with chocolate truffle rivers

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:00 PM

I have now been able to fix the "upload" link, so everyone can use it.

If you want to use graphics I have set up in the Avatar Gallery, just click on the "View Image Info" link on the photo itself, copy the URL, and place it in your edit photo area.

If you want to use your own, click on the browse button and load your image.

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~Edward Everett Hale~
Give someone a hug, a smile, a thank you, or a helping hand. It might just make a difference.

**Got a friend? Bring them in. Everyone is welcome. We're more than just an Arcade!**

Invision Power Services

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Global Friends Online