7 replies to this topic

#1 Susy

Susy

I brake for furpeoples

• Owner/Admin
  • 1,105 posts
  • LocationA purple planet with chocolate truffle rivers

Posted 22 September 2015 - 03:53 AM

We've had a couple of wild weeks.  First, we rushed Alex's mom to emergency, due to some heavy bleeding.  Then had to wait to get her an appointment with doctor (finally got one last Monday).  Then, we wound up calling an ambulance for his aunt, she fell out with a mini-stroke.  She's doing somewhat ok now, but with what's happening with Rosemary, I'm not so sure that will last. 

We found out today Alex's mom has uterine cancer. Next step, finding hospital and doctors. Please pray for strength and fortitude for us to get her the proper help and the finances (that's going to be the toughest, not enough insurance and no savings) to get through this. She's hanging in there, but I'm afraid his aunt might have some problems. Her little mini stroke the other day might have been just a bit more than that. Alex is just taking all this in right now. Please pray for him, too. He's not really religious, but I truly think he has belief. He's such a good man. Friends, we need all the support you can possibly give us. If what I'm thinking is truly there, this is going to be a twofold event.

Philippians 4:13
13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

GOFUNDME INFORMATION ADDED:

https://www.gofundme...e.com/cm5u7hvw 

Our Mom, Rosemary Abbott, has just received the dreaded diagnosis that no one ever wants to get.  Uterine cancer.  Sadly, she finds herself in need of as much help as you can give.  Be it money, prayers, words of encouragement, and sharing this page with as many people as you can.  Rosemary, her sister Dorothy, and her son and I (Alex and Susy) thank you so very much for hearing her story, and any donations towards her care will be most appreciated.

Rosemary's journey started with an emergency room trip 4 weeks ago, then on to two other doctors before her diagnosis, and now we need to find a primary care physician before the oncologist will operate.  We're looking at surgery, treatments, medications, possible home care, and any continuing medical expenses.  We need to get started as soon as possible, so her cancer won't spread!

Alex and I have been doing our research on costs, and with what little bit her Medicare Part A covers, the bills will rise far past anything Rosemary and the rest of our family can cover.  We've already received several bills we are barely able to cover as a family.

Rosemary is such a fun loving, wild and crazy, stubborn gal, and she wants to continue her journey on this earth, if the Lord is willing.  We're not ready to see her go yet, either!

We will forever be grateful for any help you can give.  We love our Mom and sister very much!

God Bless You!

Rosemary, Dorothy, Alex and Susy

Please note that the GoFundMe link is a secured link (httpS) which means the entire site is on a secured server.  Sometimes the link hangs if sent through any of the "paid to world" sites, and apparently a few people who don't know how to set this up has deemed GoFundMe bad.  I promise you all, this is NOT the case.  GoFundMe is a TOTALLY SECURE site.  I would never deliberately cause harm to anyone's computer nor send anyone to an unsecured site.  I'm sorry that my friends are having trouble with some of these ads.  It was not my intention.  Friends asked to help in any way they can, and some are sending ads, and I am extremely grateful for their efforts!  The link above IS safe!

Edited by Susy, 30 October 2015 - 03:28 PM.
edit to add in gofund information

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~Edward Everett Hale~
Give someone a hug, a smile, a thank you, or a helping hand. It might just make a difference.

**Got a friend? Bring them in. Everyone is welcome. We're more than just an Arcade!**

Invision Power Services

#2 Sophieca

Sophieca

Choccie Minx

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 11:06 PM

All my thoughts with you and Alex

chrisbrnz.gif

#3 Komodo

Komodo

Dragons need love, too!

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Locationfar away

Posted 26 September 2015 - 07:34 PM

All my thoughts and prayers for you.

#4 Susy

Susy

I brake for furpeoples

• Owner/Admin
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 02:00 AM

Thank you so much! :love3:

Well, this has become something far more than any of us can handle personally. 

gofundme.com/cm5u7hvw  or search GoFundMe.com (Rosemary's Medical Fund) email or send friend request, aaabbott at gmail dot com (for other funding sources)  or https://www.facebook.com/susy.abbott

Please, please pass either one of these (or all) addy's to every single person you know, share it with your facebook friends and your email friends.  And ask them to pass it along.  It only takes a minute to share, even if you can't donate.  I think I've left enough information here in case anyone wants to contact us.

We really are in a big pickle here, and Alex and I just cannot do this alone.  You all know how hard it is for me to personally ask for help, but this time...it's necessary as I have no other recourse.

We're thankful you are in our lives, and appreciate you all so much!

And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~Edward Everett Hale~
Give someone a hug, a smile, a thank you, or a helping hand. It might just make a difference.

**Got a friend? Bring them in. Everyone is welcome. We're more than just an Arcade!**

Invision Power Services

#5 Shadow

Shadow

Owner/Admin

• Owner/Admin
  • 457 posts
  • LocationFrom somewhere between here and now

Posted 14 October 2015 - 06:13 AM

I've started sharing the link already. Hope you manage to raise as much as you need. Sending all my positive thoughts your way.

--------------------------------

You gotta do what you gotta do

#6 Sophieca

Sophieca

Choccie Minx

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 08:17 AM

We'll try to share the link as much as possible and every donation helps .... go go go !!!!

Big hugs to you and family Susy !

chrisbrnz.gif

#7 Susy

Susy

I brake for furpeoples

• Owner/Admin
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 03:19 AM

I want to thank all our online friends, and offline friends and family who've shared the links, donated, and sent out ads on Rosemary's behalf.  We appreciate your kindness and your support, and the help you've given us!

We're pushing through this thanks to every one of you!  Keep sharing!  And bless you for caring!

:thanks5:

Invision Power Services

#8 Susy

Susy

I brake for furpeoples

• Owner/Admin
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 07:25 AM

I'd like to take this time to let everyone know how much we appreciate your donations, sharing, emails, ads, and messages about helping Rosemary!  We're so much further ahead now, with her surgery out of the way, and a decent portion of her bills taken care of...thanks to everyone helping us get through this rough time.

All we have left to do is Rosemary's chemotherapy, and the balance of her bills.  If God blesses us, hopefully we can get her the treatments very soon.  We know that the radiation "machine" type therapy is out, it's just so very costly.  So, unless we get denied for some reason, it's going to have to be chemo.  Which is still expensive, but much less so than the other.  And it won't be as easy to handle physically.  We pray she won't have to have too many sessions.

Bless you all, we're very thankful for each and every one of you!  You have helped us a lot, and we're so grateful for your blessings.  Please keep sharing Rosemary's link, and of course your donations are welcome and appreciated.

THANK YOU!!  :love:  

https://www.gofundme.com/cm5u7hvw

Invision Power Services

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Global Friends Online