#1 Rose

Rose

Uh Oh Watch Out! I are here!

• Founding Member
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 08 August 2015 - 08:42 PM

Hmmmm  Shadow now wants to get into the trash in the bathroom.  Any suggestions as to why or what to do other than keeping the door shut ?   

Last night I  could hear plastic rustling.  I thought he was playing with the plastic store bags.  Nope.... he tipped over the trash can and proceeded to pull out the bag - I had used the Angel Soft bag vs. tossing it out without any trash in it.  I guess I am glad I had the toilet paper bag vs. a store bag in the trash can as he had to work to get it out which is what caught my attention.  It also kept him from getting into anything because the bag was for a 36 count pkg. :rolleyes:

#2 Shadow

Shadow

Owner/Admin

• Owner/Admin
  • 457 posts
  • LocationFrom somewhere between here and now

Posted 09 August 2015 - 01:53 PM

Looks like Shadow's bored and just wants some excitement. Maybe give him a toy or something he can play with at night...a chew toy to keep him busy till he gets sleepy.

Well keeping your bathroom door closed is probably the best way to keep him out. But if he does find his way in, make sure the lid of your trash bin is secured at night...I assume he does this only at night when you're not looking, right?

There are also ways of 'punishing' him without getting too harsh. The ASPCA website has a few ideas.

Here's their link : https://www.aspca.or...garbage-raiding

A good example is a soda can pyramid. Take some empty cans and place them on top of the trash bin cover at night ... if he raids the trash...the empty cans will come tumbling down on him. They will startle him without hurting him since they're empty and it will make din so you can hear him getting into the trash. Do this a few times and it might scare him out of the habit.

Hope you find a solution soon :-)

--------------------------------

You gotta do what you gotta do

#3 Rose

Rose

Uh Oh Watch Out! I are here!

• Founding Member
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 August 2015 - 09:08 AM

Sounds like a good idea. 

I do not have a current trash can with a lid at the moment, but if he keeps it up, I will have to get one.  I think it is only after times that I have had a solid night's rest and put a filled bladder pad into the trash.  I think he smells that so I am trying to cover it up with my cologne sprays since the other half is allergic to many of them and I just id not toss them out, but saved for something and this is good.  Saves me from buying new at the store. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Global Friends Online